Policies During COVID-19
As a member of the food supply, defined by the Department of Homeland Security as a critical infrastructure industry, Out Of The Grey Coffee will continue to operate in order to meet continuing demand. In order to do everything possible to ensure the health and safety of our customers, employees and their loved ones, the following policies have been put in place until further notice:
- Employees have been issued Safe Passage Letters to be kept with them whenever traveling to and from the workplace to confirm to any authorities that they are workers in a critical infrastructure industry.
- We have expanded upon our already stringent cleaning and safety processes to mitigate the spread of the virus.
- All utensils have been removed from the facility and replaced with disposable alternatives.
- Lunch breaks will be segregated to limit contact between employees and employees are encouraged to eat in cars or separate areas whenever possible.
- Chairs have been removed from areas of congregation to discourage gatherings.
- Work spaces have been marked with guidelines for appropriate distancing, while working on shared tasks to encourage social distancing.
- Full-time resources have been dedicated to disinfecting and sanitizing work surfaces, equipment, door handles, railings, break rooms, etc., using FDA-approved and CDC-recommended materials.
- We have taken additional steps to educate our employees on the threat of COVID-19 to ensure everyone has a common understanding of not only our action plans, but also our requirements.
- Sanitizer is readily available in the form of Alpet Wipes and employees have been instructed to use these frequently on work surfaces, especially before and after starting new tasks.
- Additional sanitation stations have been installed throughout our facilities.
- Workers in areas of blending, flavoring, and weigh-filling will be asked to wear gloves.
- Delivery drivers will use the same vehicles each day to avoid cross contact.
- Employees will be asked to have their temperature taken prior to beginning of their shift, any exhibiting a fever (100.4 degrees or higher) will be sent home.
These policies are subject to change as Out Of The Grey Coffee continues to monitor updates and best practices from state and federal government as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We recognize that with the constantly changing COVID-19 situation around the world, this is an unprecedented time for everyone - a time that, for many, is filled with uncertainty. Our hearts and prayers go out to each and every one of you.