As a member of the food supply, defined by the Department of Homeland Security as a critical infrastructure industry, Out Of The Grey Coffee will continue to operate in order to meet continuing demand. In order to do everything possible to ensure the health & safety of our customers, employees & their loved ones, the following policies have been put in place until further notice:
- Employees have been issued Safe Passage Letters to be kept with them whenever traveling to & from the workplace to confirm to any authorities that they are workers in a critical infrastructure industry.
- We have expanded upon our already stringent cleaning & safety processes to mitigate the spread of the virus.
- All utensils have been removed from the facility & replaced with disposable alternatives.
- Lunch breaks will be segregated to limit contact between employees & employees are encouraged to eat in cars or separate areas whenever possible.
- Chairs have been removed from areas of congregation to discourage gatherings.
- Work spaces have been marked with guidelines for appropriate distancing, while working on shared tasks to encourage social distancing.
- Full-time resources have been dedicated to disinfecting & sanitizing work surfaces, equipment, door handles, railings, break rooms, etc., using FDA-approved & CDC-recommended materials.
- We have taken additional steps to educate our employees on the threat of COVID-19 to ensure everyone has a common understanding of not only our action plans, but also our requirements.
- Sanitizer is readily available in the form of Alpet Wipes & employees have been instructed to use these frequently on work surfaces, especially before & after starting new tasks.
- Additional sanitation stations have been installed throughout our facilities.
- Workers in areas of blending, flavoring & weigh-filling will be asked to wear gloves.
- Delivery drivers will use the same vehicles each day to avoid cross contact.
- Employees will be asked to have their temperature taken prior to beginning of their shift, any exhibiting a fever (100.4 degrees or higher) will be sent home.
These policies are subject to change as Out Of The Grey Coffee continues to monitor updates & best practices from state & federal government as well as the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention.
We recognize that with the constantly changing COVID-19 situation around the world, this is an unprecedented time for everyone - a time that, for many, is filled with uncertainty. Our hearts & prayers go out to each & every one of you.